Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Old Movies Make Me Cry

.... actually the lyrics of a tune from the 60s are 'Sad Movies Always Make Me Cry', but yesterday when Mike and I transferred our old super 8 movies to digital video tape, I shed a tear or two. I saw babies that I'd not seen in over 30 years, and a young couple's joyful embrace after a 13 month long separation. I saw a slender, raven-haired girl and a handsome young Marine pilot cut the first piece of their wedding cake. I relived a little boy’s excitement after winning a foot race and learning to ride his first bike. And a toddler's swivel hips boogey was just a faint memory in my mind until I got to once again see her in action. Granted, there was no sound, and the images are discolored and grainy, and shaky, but that was high tech of the day, and I am so thankful for those precious images. I will be posting some video clips after I get them imported into iMovie, so stay tuned!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?